Friday, July 22, 2011

Blazing Hot


  It is SO hot that our thermometer seems to be giving up!  Seriously, we don't know what is wrong, but it IS HOT HOT HOT!

  High 90's.

 I used to be tough about heat.  I spent 3 years of my childhood in the jungles of South America.  We had no air conditioning at all.  The temps were usually in the high 80's to low 90's.  I don't remember feeling particularly overheated.
 
  Now I'm spoiled by air conditioning and find these temperatures difficult.  The only thing we do outside during the day is swim, and we are thankful for our pool!  I've even taken Sarah in several times.  The water is 90 degrees so it is not particularly refreshing, but it is still cooler than the air and evaporation helps when we get out.

  Yes, I love the seasons.  Yes, I love summer. But...I won't mind when things cool down into the 80's.

 

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It's not the heat so much that is causing issues but the heat indices - I can't believe we got up to 114 degrees the other day! The 90's would be okay if humidity wasn't 94% :D it's been wreaking havoc on my migraines the last couple of days. We have our window unit set on 66 but the indoor temp still stays a cool 82, but it at least feels better than outside. I never had a/c growing up, my dad hates it LOL but he likes being out in the heat!