Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Book Review: Left Behind Series (Guest Blogger Naomi)

To start off, THIS HAS GOT THE BE THE MOST INTERESTING AND FUN BOOK SERIES I HAVE EVER READ!

How's that for publicity?

Anyway, the Left Behind series is a huge book series of about 13 or 14 books that is set in the time when Jesus comes back and takes all the Christians away to heaven. Needless to say, everyone else is in a panic. Cars suddenly don't have drivers and careen out of control, causing traffic jams and accidents. People panic as loved ones disappear, leaving their clothes behind.

The main characters are Rayford Steele and Buck Williams, who happen to be on the very same plane at the time of the Rapture, Rayford as the pilot and Buck as a passenger. Buck loses no family to the Rapture, but Rayford loses his wife and son.

I'm only on the third book; "The Rise of the Anti-Christ", but I can tell it's going to be very fun.

I recommend that every Christian read this book series, it's cool!

P.S. This is from Laraba.  The series assumes a "pretribulation" view of the Book of Revelations.  The authors also take literally the plagues and horrors described in Revelations.  Christians obviously have different views about this challenging book of the Bible.  I'm in the camp of people that just doesn't quite know how the end times will play out, but I do believe in an Antichrist and specific "end times".   And I'm thankful that Jesus will RETURN!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Nice review - I read the series a few years ago and enjoyed it. I've gone back and forth on letting Hannah read it but then again if I decide to read "Animal Farm" this year then it may be great for her to read as well LOL. She is also trying to do more reviews in the hopes of becoming a professional reviewer :) Keep up the good work!

Mrs. Bailey