Saturday, September 24, 2011

Sarah's weight

Sarah had a weight check on Wednesday.  One month ago, she was only 15 lb 11 oz.  That's not necessarily a problem except that she had "fallen off her weight curve".  She was previously about 40th percentile in weight, and had dropped to 5th percentile in weight compared to other babies her age.

I realized at the time that I had a milk supply problem.  I started supplementing with formula, then weaned her entirely as my milk supply dropped.  I started feeding her larger quantities.

And the results were very encouraging.  She was up almost 2 lbs, to 17 lb 7 oz!

So our big girl is getting bigger fast, and is back on her weight curve again.  We are thankful...sometimes weight issues are indicative of an actual problem but in this case it was just that she wasn't eating enough.

  She has always been a happy girl.  Now she is a chubbier, happy girl!

1 comment:

Lana said...

and cute as a button!