Friday, February 3, 2012

Funny Sarah

Sarah is 14 months old.

She sleeps very well.  I usually put her to bed around 7:15 p.m., and get her up at 7:30 a.m. She is often asleep at 7:30 so it isn't like I'm just leaving her there!  She also takes at least a 2 hour nap.

Feeding her continues to be challenging but she is eating more foods by hand. 

She isn't walking yet though cruises everywhere.

Ok, let's talk about talking...

She talks quite a bit for her age...

Da-da
Isaac
Lydia
Bye
Uh-oh
If someone says, "Sarah, what is 1 + 1?" she'll usually say, "2!"  (No, she is not a genius.  She was trained by her sibs to say that.)
Done
Yeah
Hi
Thank you.
Your welcome.

Now, look over that list.  Do you see...that something is missing?

Like, "MAMA!"  Yes, this kid has NEVER EVER said "mama" in her entire life!

In fact, if I try to prompt her, our conversation usually goes like this:

Me:  "Sarah, can you say 'mama'?"
Sarah:  "Da-Da!"

Seriously, this kid seems to think that I'm Da-Da!  And Kevin is Da-Da too.  I guess parental figures are "Da-Da".

Or she is teasing me.  She does have a silly grin on her face when she says it.

P.S.  My two older girls claim that she HAS said, "Mama".  Ok, maybe?  I sure haven't heard it, and I've been listening!

No comments: