Sunday, March 4, 2012

This Week in Pictures

It was a busy week.  I was sick last Sunday with the infamous stomach virus that has been making the rounds in our family.  Ugh, I have not felt that badly in a LONG time.  Ugh.  Sunday was a blur as I slept most of the day.  So thankful that Kevin was home and able to run things.

Monday and Tuesday I was still somewhat ill, but certainly much better.  Our older 3 kids were able to do their schoolwork though a couple of things had to be left for the coming week as I didn't have the energy to help.

 Wednesday was my work day and I was able to go.  When we got home, the children were happily playing outside. It was an amazing day -- in the upper 60's.  Ah, spring!  Well, a brief hint of spring.  Of course it cooled back down the next day.


Here is a picture of our chicks, taken Thursday.  You can tell they are growing like hungry weeds.  Wow!  They are supposed to grow fast, so we are happy.  Kevin is thinking about the next stage of their lives as we want to move them out of the house soon.  They've done well, but are starting to get quite smelly.  We lost one chick on Sunday, but the other 15 are thriving.


Here is Sarah, looking cute.  She has finally figured out how to walk everywhere.  She is also amazingly busy and leaves a trail of mess behind her unless we corral her somewhere. 


Friday morning, we visited some local friends.  Here is Naomi, playing on a trampoline and enjoying it thoroughly. I got to visit with a dear friend and the children had a wonderful couple of hours.  There were 13 children in the house under the age of 13 and it was incredible how well they all did.  We didn't have many altercations and a delightful time was had by all.


On the way home, I stopped by the house of some local relatives who had purchased Christmas gifts for our children but had not had the opportunity to get out to our house.  So the morning ended with our children opening late Christmas gifts.  Needless to say, they were ecstatic.  So it was an exciting, and fun, morning for our family.

Unfortunately, the afternoon brought my first round of semi regular contractions in this pregnancy.  I am 28 weeks and this is the time I usually start having problems. I spent the afternoon resting as much as possible, and by evening felt better.  I will probably have to curtail trips out and about with all the kids from here to the end of the pregnancy. I was in the hospital with preterm labor with our 2nd child and we don't want a repeat of that.

Last, but not least, let me mention our much maligned adult laying hens.  There are 13 of them now, as Kevin dispatched the 3 roosters that were crowing a lot and not (obviously) producing any eggs.  The hens have picked up the pace and we have been getting an average of 6 to 7 eggs a day. That's not magnificent, but it could be worse too...

No comments: