Friday, April 13, 2012

Hard Afternoon for Me

I am 33 weeks pregnant.  I was thinking I was 34 weeks pregnant but I got off by a whole week.  So silly!  You'd think I'd have kept better track!  So, about 6 weeks to go...

I've had preterm contractions in previous pregnancies and they are always alarming.  I didn't feel great this morning but was doing Ok.  This afternoon, mid afternoon, I started having contractions.  After ignoring them for an hour or so, I settled down on the couch and started timing them.  They were CLOSE together, like every 3 minutes!  Some were painful, though not seriously painful.  Fortunately, Kevin was home so I asked him to watch the kids.  He urged me to rest and relax.  I drank a lot of water.  I lay on my side on the couch and read a fun book.   And thankfully, the contractions did stop.

Thank you, Lord!  It is way too early to have this little guy.  He needs more time to grow.

No comments: