Monday, April 16, 2012

Sarah and Shoes

If there is one thing our Little Lady loves, it is shoes!

Not matching shoes, usually. She likes to toddle around with either one shoe on, one shoe off, OR she wants to walk around with 2 mismatched shoes.

Let me be honest here.  It is really, really cute.

It is also a little stressful. We have a hard enough time with shoes being in weird places without a baby hauling them off and hiding them.  Well, she doesn't HIDE them, exactly. She just abandons them in strange places.  Seems like hiding them.

However, we are largely putting up with it. I think, if I had more time, that I could train her not to haul shoes off.  But I'm really busy, and if I am going to work with her on the shoe issue, it needs to be consistent. She is a smart little cookie and understands a lot, but she is also openly disobedient sometimes.  We sometimes call her and she looks us in the eye and turns around and walks off.  She gets discipline for that, and is learning to be obedient about coming when called.  But we haven't addressed "the shoe issue."

One other idiosyncrasy of hers is a passion for my cell phone. She keeps grabbing it out of my purse, though at least she usually walks over and promptly gives it to me.

Yes, she keeps us on her toes.  And she is really, really, really, really cute.

No comments: