Monday, May 21, 2012

3 Days...

3 days and our baby will be born!

The last few days of pregnancy are hard.  I don't feel very peppy.  I feel VERY pregnant.  I am tired.  I am not sleeping well.   I am tempted to be cranky.

I keep praying for patience and wisdom.   I am clinging to the verses below:

1 Corinthians 13:4-5

New Living Translation (NLT)
4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged.

The "irritable" really sticks out to me.  I am irritable, but I don't need to ACT in an irritable way. I have Jesus.  I have the Holy Spirit working in me.  I pray that my Lord will help me to speak kindly and softly and to not fly off the handle.

I think it is true that I am naturally a fairly patient person.  Late pregnancy and fatigue and hormonal upheaval strip away my natural patience and I need to depend on God more. May I do so. And may I count to 3 before snapping at a child for doing something for the upteenth time. May I discipline wisely and patiently.  May I have the sense to separate warring factions before I "lose it".

Things really are going fine.  And we are all excited that we'll soon meet our new son face to face.  Please pray that the delivery goes well, that our son eats well, and that I recover quickly from the C-section.

3 days!

No comments: