Thursday, July 5, 2012

Follow Up to Miss Fluffy

Yesterday I was organizing a section of our basement, and came across our Christmas letter from 2007.  We included brief descriptions of all the children and had this to say about our 5th child, then almost 2 years old:

"Miriam (almost 2) is a toddler with an amazing capacity for getting into things. She is constantly climbing on chairs and counters, playing in water and grabbing delicate things off of the counter. She is a complete charmer with bouncing curls and an infectious smile."

I had to laugh at that.  I could substitute "Sarah" for "Miriam" and it would work perfectly!  So no, Miss Fluffy is not our busiest, nuttiest toddler. They've probably all been like that at this age and I just forgot.  I suspect "playing in water" is a euphemism for paddling in the toilet so the parallel is quite exact.

I think the Lord led me to that letter because truthfully, I've been frustrated with Sarah. Life is busy and having a little one who is into everything has been tough. Reading about Miriam helped to realize that yes, this is totally normal. 

One cute little extra thing about Sarah that I really think IS unique...she LOVES toothpaste.  Sometimes she actually squeezes some out, but mostly she goes into miscellaneous bathrooms and carries off the toothpaste to another room, where she either gives it to me or abandons it.  Of course, this means the older children sometimes have trouble brushing their teeth properly. 

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I used to eat toothpaste! I thought it tasted so great (of course I also ate the paste - my mom couldn't figure out why I was going through it so fast LOL) but because of that my teeth became yellow - it's diminished over the years and I no longer eat it LOL :D