Saturday, July 14, 2012

Working on...the SCHEDULE

This is just a short post to encourage myself.  I am working on our master schedule for the coming school year.

Many years ago, I read a book called Managers of Their Homes by the Maxwells.  The Maxwells are a homeschooling family with many children, and they found it helped them organize their time to have a tight schedule where each half hour of the day was designated towards a particular task.

I'm of the view that scheduling is not a moral issue, but a practical one. Some people hate schedules, others thrive.  I thrive.

But working on the schedule is just that, WORK.  I need to factor in times for the baby to eat, for certain people to get naps, for meals, chores, homeschooling, down time, etc.

May God give me wisdom. This is the first year where I'm splitting the schedule onto 2 pages. There just isn't enough room on one piece of paper for me and the 8 kids to have a column...or at least not without making the print type ridiculously small. 

1 comment:

Debbie said...

One summer I literally worked on my MOTH schedule for weeks! It was a lot of work! However, the kids loved it and we were very productive during that season.

Don't give up!