Thursday, August 16, 2012

Decisions

It has been an interesting week.

2 good things are 2 birthdays. I will post pictures later.

Last week something challenging happened.  Kevin made a decision that I didn't like.  As a Christian wife, I believe that wives are to submit to their husbands so long as the decision isn't counter to Scripture. It was not counter to Sciprture.  Actually, his decision was based on the very purest of motives -- he had some concerns about a situation not being the safest or best for our children.

I didn't feel the same way so I was disappointed and upset.  Furthermore, his reason was based more on intuition than a 5 point of explanation of why he came to the conclusion he did. 

Like Job in the Bible, I totally want a WHY when something happens that I don't like.  And Kevin wasn't able to give me a why.  So that was even more upsetting.

It took a couple of days, but I finally realized that I needed to trust Kevin with his decision and trust God to work in the whole situation.  Our children sometimes don't understand when I say "no" to something and THEY want an explanation. And yes, sometimes I can't or am unwilling to give them an explanation.  The situation, the decision, is what it is.  They need to trust that I have their best interests at heart. I need to trust that God has our family's best interests in His heart.  I need to trust that He will guide Kevin.  I need to trust Kevin to lead even though I know that he is not perfect because Jesus was the only perfect person.

I know many a Christian wife longs for a husband who is willing to make the hard decisions in leading the family. I am blessed to have a husband who prays for wisdom and will make an unpopular decision if he feels led to do so. 

So I am thankful for Kevin and his leadership.  There are still some challenging aspects to the situation and we're waiting on the next step in what to do, but that's Ok.  I know God will show us His best plan for us.

No comments: