Friday, May 24, 2013

Random Mutterings

Sadly, but not surprisingly, the robin's nest fell to something, probably one of our cats.  We found the nest on another branch (a lower branch) and the eggs were broken on the ground.

Kevin and I watched Batman Begins a couple of days ago.  I quite liked it.  Most of the "good guys" were genuinely good.  There were some interesting moral questions with some good answers.  It was quite violent, so the children aren't ready for it yet.  I'm a big fan of Focus on the Family's PluggedIn.com website where they provide extensive reviews of movies.  The next 2 Batman movies are apparently much grimmer and I'm extremely sensitive to unpleasant movies, so I don't think I'll be watching them.

We were really busy this week after our week in Orlando.  Those few days of lazing around were nice, though I missed the kids LIKE CRAZY by the time we got back.  I am aware that 8 children are a lot of work, especially the little ones.  Actually, I'd be really exhausted if we didn't have older kids to help.  I've been following a blog of parents with quintuplets (and one older son) and wow, that sounds so tiring!

The 2 older girls are starting a "careers" unit.  They will be investigating various careers, and looking into what jobs are available, what training is required, etc.  One career both will study is being a mother.  There is a lot to being a mother, definitely!  It'll be fun exploring that with the girls. 

Daniel is 1 year old this week!  Wow, our baby is growing up.

I started potty training Sarah this week.  She hasn't really "taken" to it so I may quit and try again in a month or so. I really think she could be trained, but she is very negative and argumentative right now and I don't have the time to keep incredibly close track of her.  She at least has the idea of sitting on the potty and has used it a few times, so that is a step in the right direction.  She also made numerous puddles on the floor, but at least it was always an area that could be cleaned up easily :-).

Weather has been hot, but we are in the middle of a cooler spell. I've been weeding our front flower bed and am proud at how much better it looks.

Kevin hopes to plant tomatoes and sweet potatoes this weekend.

Happy Memorial Day to you all!



No comments: