Thursday, June 13, 2013

Kevin's Surgery

I am tired so this will be quick. Kevin had outpatient surgery this morning to repair a deviated septum and to clean out some problems with his sinuses as well.

It went as well as can be expected.  The doctor said the septum was more "of a mess" than he expected. The end result is that he should experience MUCH improved breathing.  Right now, there is swelling and bleeding and he generally doesn't feel perky AT ALL.

He also isn't able to lift anything (or anyone) more than 15 lbs.  That means all our kids are off limits.  I'm thankful for big kids who can carry around little kids around here.

So, thankful it went well. Tired.  Praying that he recovers quickly and sees wonderful improvement in breathing.

1 comment:

Annie Kate said...

It has really been a while since I caught up with you! I'm a few weeks behind!

I'm glad Kevin is doing better. My husband had surgery for that too, and it's wonderful in the long run. My husband was sedated, not completely under (his choice), and the nurse kicked the doctor while the chisel was up his nose! But the doctor made no mistakes.

I replied to your comment on my blog. Do you get the automatic replies? If not, I'll repost it here.