Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Hot, Humid, and Very Still...

It's the first major heat wave of the summer, which is surprising given that it is mid July already.

Whew, it is hot!  And humid!  And there is no wind.

After an illness that lasted too long, Lydia was finally well enough to go swimming.  I wasn't up to watching all the kids in the pool, but this year the older 3 are allowed to swim in pairs or triples.  Lydia and Isaac decided to go swimming together.


Naomi kindly sprayed the other children in the front yard.  It was SO hot that spray from our cool well was most refreshing.  They loved it.

I'm still not 100%.  I'm better. I'm not coughing much. But when I overexert myself, I have trouble getting enough air.  Sigh.  The air quality probably isn't superb right now.  I am thankful for Kevin's willingness to stay home yesterday, and my big kids' help today, so that I can rest.

1 comment:

Annie Kate said...

Oh, dear! I hope you soon feel completely well again, and your kids too.

Do give them and yourself lots of rest time to heal.

Trust me, it will be worth it to take this time. Miss 15 hasn't been herself since bronchitis about 15 months ago, but finally, with rest, vitamins, etc she's recovering. It's been a long haul, and she's lost 1/2 a year of school along the way too.

Not to scare you, but to tell you to rest, rest, rest. You do so much already!