Sunday, July 14, 2013

This Week in Pictures

 
I know this LOOKS bad, but it is actually a step in the right direction. I am organizing our bookshelves by putting a specific author's books together, plus getting all of one kind of book into a specific bookshelf.  I am also (gasp) getting rid of a bunch of books.  I am not much of a hoarder -- except where books are concerned. It is hard for me to part with books.  But reality is, some books just aren't very good.  Some others are Ok, but are readily available from the library. So I'm getting rid of books.  I'll take a picture of all the books I plan to donate at some point, and post it.  Because I'm proud of myself. 


Kevin very kindly bought me a new laptop!  I am SO excited.  He bought me a Netbook a few years ago and it is has served me well, but lately it has been struggling.  It is SO SLOW.  Kevin researched and studied and analyzed and suggested this one, and we bought it yesterday. We are very cautious about buying things like this as of course we need to be careful financially, but we decided this is an appropriate purchase.   Kevin is still working on getting the proper "stuff" loaded but...I love it already.


Our sweet boy is walking!  Not all the time yet, but he is getting more and more confident.  He is also very proud of himself and giggles madly as he walks, which sometimes results in a decrease in concentration. When he does plop down on his plump rump, he usually puts his head on the floor and wails indignantly.  Which is cute.


Lydia has been pretty sick.  She has been coughing badly for more than a week now.  I took her to the pediatrician 2ce last week and now she is on antibiotics.  She says she is improving and I hope she is, poor dear.  I so appreciate how good she is with Sarah.  Sarah just wanted to hang out with her big sister Lydia yesterday, and here Lydia is gladly sharing the chair.


The harvest has begun!  We've got zucchinis, tomatoes, and green beans starting to bear.

Last but not least, the Mighty Has Fallen.  The Mighty being ME.  It has been two full weeks since Miriam succumbed to the current illness and started it all.  I was healthy and I was healthy and I was healthy...and then on Thursday I got sick.  Friday morning I wasn't feeling well at all, and went to the doctor.  She diagnosed bronchitis and put me on antibiotics.  So far I'm really not feeling much better, which is discouraging.  If I don't talk, I don't cough too much.  Coughing is bad because it irritates my already unhappy throat and lungs and then I keep coughing. So I need to NOT TALK. Not trivial with 8 kids, 3 of whom do not read yet.  The youngest doesn't care if Mama talks or not, but Sarah (age 2) in particular struggles with Silent Mama.  We'll manage.  Thankfully, Naomi has stayed strong and healthy and has been carrying a heavier load than usual.  I am very thankful for her skills and helpfulness.  I write notes a lot and thankfully, the worst hit while Kevin is home from work. I hope I am better tomorrow...

No comments: