Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Updated Review on Duck Dynasty

I've watched more Duck Dynasty shows and while it continues to be fun, there have been more "adult themes" so I wouldn't recommend it wholesale for children.  The patriarch has strong, good views about sexual fidelity, but he also talks fairly openly about his attraction to his wife.  That is a GOOD thing, that he and his wife are so happy together, but I wouldn't want my 7 year old thinking through some of his remarks.

I am fairly certain they really stage the show, too.  NO WAY can any family, even a family as quirky as the Robertsons, have so many randomly amusing things happen.

There is a lot of sibling rivaly too and while it is kind of funny, again I don't want our kids thinking they should act like the (adult) Robertsons do in indulging their sibling rivalry.

So I would say for an adult, it is probably a fine show.  Young ones, less so.  And keep in mind it is television, not reality.  I am guessing they tell the family members to start down a certain path and then the cameras roll. I doubt that any of the dialogue is scripted, but the crazy happenings are probably staged to some degree.

No comments: