Saturday, August 31, 2013

Yep, That's a Potty Seat...

on our freezer.

Now a normal person would, of course, ask, "Why is there a potty seat on your upright freezer?"

Because yes, that's odd.

Now maybe we are just super fruity artsy types and this is our idea of creating modern art on a shoestring.

But we're engineers, so that's out.

Maybe Sarah really wanted to use the potty and have a VIEW, so we plopped it, and her, up on the freezer.

But no, I'm a manic safety person and that would be unsafe...so that's out.

Maybe we're donating it and this is a good storage place.

But who would want a used potty seat (blech!) and we have another little man who will need potty training, so that's out too.

But the last is at least a close guess...it is a temporary storage place.

Because dear Sarah continues to entertain and exasperate during her potty training journey. She continues to do very well with the actual "using the potty" part.  We decided last week to store away the little potty because she can just put her little seat on the big potty, and that is less messy.

So I took the potty downstairs and stored it away.

And a few days ago, I heard slow climbing up the stairs, and then Sarah staggered into the room with the potty seat in her arms and exclaimed, "Mommy, I found my potty!" 

Thank you, sweetheart!

So I plopped it up on the freezer because she can't get to it.  And now I need to find a place in the basement where I can store the potty AND hide it from Sarah. I haven't gotten around it that yet.

Life is never dull around here.

No comments: