Saturday, September 14, 2013

Baby Steps


Part of my reason for posting this pictures it that honestly, the kid is SO CUTE!

Right before I snapped the pic, he was bent over the book, carefully turning the pages.  No, we are not raising a genius and he definitely has no clue the little squiggles are letters, but it was an adorable sight.

The "Baby Steps" title has to do with little accomplishments that add up to make my life easier.  For example, I can put Daniel on the couch and...he doesn't fall off anymore.  He has figured out how to get down from the couch, AND he knows that falling on his head hurts, so I don't worry about him falling off the couch.

That does make life easier, it really does! So does his ability to drink out of a sippy cup, eat food with his hands, use a spoon (a little) and climb stairs fairly safely. 

On the debit side, he has learned to climb ladders, but NOT safely.  He is getting into more things now.  He can and will fall into the tub if I let him.  So all is not easier, but there are little accomplishments that keep him a bit safer.

And I am grateful.

Isn't he cute?

No comments: