Monday, October 28, 2013

The Location of the Plastic Dishes


   I thought I'd mention one little thing we do to make life easier around here.  First, we use plastic bowls, cups, and plates for most meals.  That, of course, is to minimize the chance of breakage.

  Another big thing we do is we have these items stored in a lower cupboard so they are accessible to short people.  Our 6 year old currently sets the table.  She can easily reach in and grab what she needs.  I don't need to help.

  Our 2 and 9 year olds, who empty the dishwasher, can easily put the plastic dishes away. Yes, our 2 year old is starting to help with this.

  Just a little tidbit that I thought might be helpful. I read about this idea somewhere -- having the dishes near ground level -- and it has been a huge time saver for me and enables the children to do more.

No comments: