Monday, January 6, 2014

Baby News

My brother and his wife had their baby boy, praise the Lord!  He was a healthy 8 lb, 6 oz and the delivery, though strenuous, went well.  We are so thankful for this precious gift of a child for my brother and his wife!

Today I had an OB appointment, and we heard the heartbeat again, and we've decided to finally tell the world -- yes, we are expecting Baby #9.  I am 16 weeks along, and the baby is due in late June.

It has been a HARD few months, honestly.  The first trimester is always so difficult for me.  While I am not dreadfully sick, I do feel nauseous much of the time for weeks and weeks.  I'm also super tired, hormonal, and emotional. I am now over the nausea and am thankful for that.

  Lots of people think lots of things when newly pregnant.  I'm going to be totally honest here -- I was not really excited when I first learned I was pregnant again. I am SO old to be having babies (age 44 now) and I am SO busy with the 8 I have, and the first trimester is SO hard.  I also had a rough delivery with our 8th child, and I'm feeling some trepidation about C-section #6.

  But this is what kept coming to mind. The Lord gave us this child. The Lord loves us and has good plans for our lives.  His ways are not my ways, and his thoughts are not my thoughts.  I don't expect the end of this pregnancy to be easy, nor will the first couple of months of Baby's life be easy as Kevin and I deal with interrupted nights again. But the Lord will carry us through, as He has before. This child is a blessing.


Daniel and me.  And hidden behind Daniel, is little Baby #9.

1 comment:

Lana said...

Congratulations!! Funny, my good friend, who is 43, just announced today that she too is excepting number 9. They have 4 boys and 4 girls, the oldest of whom is 23 years old and the youngest is 6. They have always welcomed babies as Heavenly Father has seen fit to send them, after all these years they thought they wouldn't have any more but are very excited to be welcoming another boy in a few months!
I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well.