Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pregnancy Update

2 weeks ago, I was measuring a little small so today I had an ultrasound. I am 30 weeks along.

Everything looks great.  The baby is measuring just a couple of days small and all the body parts are there.  She's a beauty!  She's head down, which doesn't matter a LOT since it will be a C-section, but I understand that hip dysplasia is less common if the baby is head down, so it is good news. And it explains why I feel a lot of pressure sometimes. This little gal is already pushing down hard on me :-).

I've had a pretty good couple of weeks. Truthfully,  I've not felt great off and on. But I've not had regular contractions and am very thankful.

So, probably 9 short weeks to go before she is born!  9 weeks really isn't very long.  We're close to being ready for her as I've washed clothing and found baby blankets and set up her little sleepy area.  I found pacifiers a couple of days ago.  Yes, we are close to being ready, at least with material things.   Life is always bananas after a baby arrives because of sleep deprivation and recovery from surgery,  but it'll be a good kind of bananas.

No comments: