Thursday, May 1, 2014

This Week...

SIX dental appointments this week!  Those appointments dominated Monday and Tuesday.  One child got sick when she was supposed to go, so that is pushed off until next week and then we are done with dental appointments for half a year.

None of the children had cavities, which is good news.  We like our dentist and the hygienists who care for us all. 

Yesterday was a relaxing day.  I stayed home all day except for a quick trip to the library.

Kevin talked to our big girls about how "I wasn't always sensible about resting enough" and that I shouldn't be cooking much. Bless Naomi, she has really taken that to heart and has been preparing a lot of food around here.  Yesterday she made lunch, and Naomi and Lydia together made dinner.  It helps a great deal for me not to stand long periods and I am truly grateful!

I read a magazine article (at the dentist's office) about a mother of 6 who thought she was "done" having children at age 34. Then at age 42, she was surprised by a 7th pregnancy.  She had many fears and concerns about how the baby would disrupt their family life, and her pregnancy wasn't easy.  Then, to her surprise the whole family completely went bananas about the baby and he bonded them all together in ways she couldn't imagine.

For me, there has been no big break between pregnancies.  This child I am carrying is the 3rd full term pregnancy that I've had in my 40's.  I was encouraged by this magazine article that it really IS Ok that pregnancy is hard for me.  I am doing fine in so many ways, but I'm tired a lot, my digestion is messed up, and I have periods when I have many (presumably Braxton Hicks) contractions. I too wonder sometimes how life will be after the baby is born in terms of finding the time to do everything that needs done.

But this little one is a blessing to us all.  We're already in love with her, and know when we see her sweet little face, we'll be even more in love. The first few weeks after her birth won't be easy, but they will be good.

In other random news, my parents are coming for a visit today!  We are excited.

No comments: