Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Rose: 6 weeks old


  Our little sweetie is 6 weeks old.

Last night she almost slept through the night, which is incredible.  I put her to bed around 11:30 p.m. and I woke her up at 6:15 a.m. I had a 7 a.m. blood draw at the doctor so needed to feed her before I left.  She has been awake and fussy in the evenings and is apparently wearing herself out because the previous 3 nights she slept at least 5 hours straight.

Not surprisingly, I am feeling better rested, though I still fall over around 10 p.m. every night.  One minor wrinkle is that my after lunch nap is often interrupted by Sarah screaming loudly. She is in a PHASE. And unfortunately, Daniel is learning the high pitched shrieking from her, so he has been screeching too.

Which is loud.

Speaking of Daniel, we had a rather amusing/irritating experience a few days ago.  We put him in the "study" (really more of a play room) when I was nursing Rose, and he was mad. He screamed and screeched. And when he came out, his glasses were missing.  I hunted around later and couldn't find them, so I asked him where they were.  He promptly walked over to a little fire truck we have (big enough to sit on) and pulled up the seat. Underneath the seat is a little compartment, which was full of torn up paper. He took out the paper and at the bottom were his glasses, with both lenses missing.  The lenses were next to the frames, and he handed them all to me.  Obviously, he deliberately removed the lenses and then hid frames and lenses in the fire truck while he was angry. At least he told us where they were. I never would have thought of the fire truck so they might have been missing forever.




No comments: