Tuesday, October 7, 2014

And Get a Haircut!

This is totally random.  It's a family story.  And you know, family stories are cool. They bind us together and give us a special way to relate to one another.


I woke up one morning many years ago (5, 6, 7?) to find our voicemail blinking.

I hit the play button and heard this message; the voice sounded like that of a teenage girl:

"So...I was waiting for you to come pick me up last night. I thought we were going to the dance.  I guess not.

So...just so you know, we're OVER!

AND GET A HAIRCUT!"

Now, we very clearly had an outgoing message about who we were, and we are not the person who stood this young lady up.  She was obviously so mad she didn't even LISTEN to the voicemail message, so she left her enraged message on the wrong voicemail.

I  know it is a little sad (maybe?  Sounds like he was no great loss!) but it has been a family "line" ever since.

Any time we talk about cutting hair one of us will likely say:

AND GET A HAIRCUT!


No comments: