Thursday, October 9, 2014

Lunar Eclipse

A lunar eclipse which starts at about 6 a.m. is a gift from the Lord. I LIKE lunar eclipses, they are very cool, but I do NOT want to get everyone up to see one in the middle of the night. So October 8th's "blood moon" at 6 a.m. was wonderful.

Lydia is the only one who got up and stayed up, but I woke up our 3 little girls and our 2 big boys and they peered out the window at the eclipse.



Kevin pointed out that the pictures would be better if the camera was on a tripod, BUT we still got a few neat pictures.  The first, of course, shows the earth's shadow moving across the moon.  The 2nd picture shows the official blood moon lunar eclipse.  I believe the orange color comes from the reflection of dawn onto the moon, but I'm not sure about that.

Exciting!

No comments: