Saturday, November 15, 2014

When My Brain Isn't Working Well, I'll Write a Post Composed Mostly of Pictures

For why my brain isn't working well, see the last post.


Our sweet girl continues to love this silly little tie. She calls it a scarf.


Before the Great Illness struck, I took some of the kids ice skating.  Naomi, Joseph, Miriam, Angela, and Rose joined me for a local homeschool skating event.  The kids had lots of fun.  Naomi and Lydia took a First Aid course a week ago and that came in VERY handy, because a young female friend of ours cut her finger badly somehow, and Naomi knew what to do.  

I enjoyed myself as the kids I had with me were fairly self sufficient. I got to chat with some other homeschooling mothers, plus spend quality time with Rosy Posy.


Kevin had a birthday this week, so now he is back to being one year younger than me :-).  I'm one year and 3 weeks older than he is.


We had a cat in our sun room for a few days this week.  He injured his leg somehow and needed a few days to recuperate.  He is better now.

Lydia was his primary caretaker. It is a source of constant amazement and joy to me that our kids have such a range of personalities and gifts.  Naomi and Lydia are like night and day in some ways. Naomi is very left brained, Lydia very right brained.  Lydia LOVES animals and little kids, and has a gift with both.  So when Moonbeam needed some extra snuggles, Lydia was glad to oblige.

No comments: