Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Goofy Mom


  I'm not usually goofy. I'm a serious person by nature, and rarely just let loose and do something remotely crazy.

 But Kevin's mom brought over some funny costumes from her basement, and I tried on the clown costume to see if it fit me (answer -- yes, but it is a little on the small side.) Then I put on the wig and voila, Goofy Mom.

  The funniest reaction was Rose's.  She would stare intently at my face, then shoot a nervous look the crazy wig, then stare at my face, then look at the wig.  It was clear that the face and voice and smell were all familiar, but that wig freaked her out a bit. But there was no crying, so I danced into the living room for a picture before taking off the clown costume. 

 Normal Mom was back, and that relieved her little mind.

As a little postscript to the adventure, I put on the costume in the evening to show to Kevin. His response was a shocked look and "you look terrible".  :-)  I wasn't insulted because...I really did look terrible. I am not a clown person.

No comments: