Friday, September 25, 2015

Shoe Organization


Shoes are a challenge in our home, not surprisingly.  Eleven people have a lot of shoes, though we have fewer shoes than Imelda Marcos had all by herself :-).  WAY fewer shoes.  Some of our kids have literally one pair of shoes.

But still, lots of shoes.

I discovered this wonderful shoe organizer some time ago, but I recently bought a few more and utilized the setup more competently.  We now have 4 shoe organizers like this one.  It hangs from any closet rod.  I have one in my closet, 2 in the big girls' closet, and one in the main coat closet.  Obviously this organizer is up off the floor and allows for tidily storage of shoes.

I have most of my shoes located in the coat closet now.  The big girls have most of theirs in their closet, but if I find theirs kicking around, I put them in the coat closet too. The younger children's shoes are just tossed into a laundry tub and stored in a corner of the kitchen.

Little things like this really do help.  My shoes kept being stuffed in strange corners of the main floor, and I'd trip over them. Or Rosie would.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I bought one similar but use it to organize my purses and totes as I have more of those than shoes :D