Thursday, July 14, 2016

Busy Week

It is Thursday evening but it should be Friday. I'm tired.

We had 3 medical appointments this week.  Tuesday I took Lydia to her well teen checkup. All was well, which is great!  She is a smidgen over 5 ft. 6 inches tall and probably about done growing.  I think 5'6" is a great height, though she'd like to be taller still :-).  Isaac, age 13, is growing like a weed and is taller than his older sisters now, and I think will pass us parents up in the next year.

Wednesday I trundled Daniel off to a cardiologist at the local Children's Hospital.  A pediatrician heard a heart murmur at his 4 year checkup and while she was almost sure it was nothing, doctors have to cover themselves and parents like me need to be sure we're not missing anything, so yeah, we checked it. And the cardiologist confirmed it is an "innocent" heart murmur.  The trip was very calm, in startling contrast to our last trip to this hospital which was when Rose cut her head open.  Rose was not cooperative at all, Daniel was completely cooperative.  Of course, Daniel wasn't injured.  More importantly, he is 2 years older.  I am trying to delight myself in Rose's antics and of course she is fabulous, but she is so TWO.  So very 2.


Rose. Displeased.




I went through one of my periodic cleaning frenzies and cleaned out the bathroom closets in 3 of our bathrooms.  I threw away some things and organized other things.  They look good and I can find stuff now.

I tried cleaning out the candy cabinet and that was an abysmal failure.  Usually Rose is calm about me cleaning but the sight of candy was too much for her. I had to pile the candy on top of the cabinet and leave it there.  I need to deal with it soon. But haven't found the time/energy.  Oh, we have a candy cabinet with a child lock on it so...the baby can't get to the candy.  Kids can't just candy whenever, we dole it out for treats at night.




I turned on the sprinkler yesterday and oh, how the kids had fun.  Sprinklers are fun.  The older 6 have also been doing a lot of swimming.

I took the kids to a local Splashpark on Tuesday (yes, as I said, it has been a busy week).  It was great fun.  I forgot my camera but did take pictures on my phone. But I don't know how to download those pictures. So instead of Splashpark pics, I'll show a picture of our family room after we got back.



The funny thing about this picture is that the night before, this room was tidy. In 4 hours of wakefulness, we managed to turn this room into a disaster.  After I snapped the picture, I spent parts of half an hour cleaning it up. It looked fine, so I checked on Rose, who was playing in the adjacent sun room.  I discovered she had found a washable brown marker and had written all over the walls and floor. So while I was cleaning up the family room, she was destroying the sun room.  That's called irony.

Tomorrow I have a chiropractor appointment and a friend and her daughter are coming over. That will be fun!

So yeah, busy busy week.  I feel like my decluttering frenzy is ending, which is probably a fine thing.  I am working hard on pulling together homeschooling plans for the year.  Naomi is taking an English class at our local community college starting in late August.  Naomi and Lydia are taking a Spanish class offered by a local teacher (a homeschool class) in late August as well. So life is going to get busier in some ways in 5 short weeks.


No comments: