Sunday, November 6, 2016

FitBit

Kevin bought me a FitBit for my birthday. It tracks my heart rate, how many stairs I've done in a day, and how many steps I've done in a day. It would keep track of my sleeping but I don't like to wear it at night.

I like it.  It is encouraging to have it vibrate when I need to get up and move around.  Also, it shows me that I move around quite a bit.  A "normal" day, where I am just moving around the house, averages about 7500 steps. When I work at it, I can hit 10,000 steps.  I do a lot of stairs too. One day I had 26 stairs (that is just up) in one day!  That was the day I was taking books down to the basement as we were rearranging the bookshelves.

I've been told for a long time that I should be exercising regularly, and of course I should be.  It is boring, that's the truth.  Someone, getting "credit" for brisk walking helps me enjoy it more.

Kevin has his own Fitbit and beats me almost every single day. However, on Friday (2 days ago), he participated in a fast 5K walk and now one of his feet hurts quite a bit. So he's staying off of it. TODAY I might actually beat him :-).

No comments: