Sunday, March 12, 2017

March

Naomi and Lydia get home on Tuesday!  They have had a good trip and we are excited they got to visit Hawaii with the grandparents, but oh I miss them!

They got to see feral chickens, stray dogs, seals, and whales!  They went snorkeling and Lydia went horseback riding. I presume they swam a fair amount.  All in all, a thrilling experience.


Here at home, we've been trucking along fairly normally, though we've all had to do additional work since Naomi and Lydia are usually heavy contributors to keeping the house running.


Here is a recent discussion with Daniel that I posted on Facebook.


Tonight when I was putting our 4 year old son to bed, we had quite the religious discussion. His first question was "Who is more powerful than God?" (Answer: no one.) Second question: "How can God get even more powerful?" (Answer: He can't. He is as powerful as he can be.) Third question: "Mom, does God have cats?" (Answer: Ummmm....)


Kevin told me later I should have told Daniel that "God owns the cats on a thousand hills."


Which is true.


We have new neighbors!  Our old ones were fantastic, a retired couple who became good friends. They have now moved to the American southwest to be closer to family. The new family is a homeschooling Christian family with 6 kids!  Seriously.  Totally fun and awesome. Their eldest is 17, their youngest is 1.  We haven't really talked to them much as they are insanely busy getting unpacked.  They are military and the military truck showed up on Friday and unloaded their stuff.  I know from experience that unpacking a house with a bunch of little kids bustling around is NOT easy.


I have been continuing to write Star Wars fan fiction. I really love to write, and as I probably said before, having a built in fan base for a story is very encouraging. It isn't just going out into the void, there are people who will actually read what I am writing.  I'm on my third story now.

I submitted my College Credit Plus application last week.  CCP is a public government entity which awards money to high school students to attend college.  Homeschoolers have been eligible for a couple of years. I tried to get funding for Naomi last year but loused up the application process. I hope I did better this year!

Naomi is planning to take a bunch of computer design courses at Clark State next year. It is a local community college. She's already taken freshman English there.

That's about it!


No comments: