Friday, March 17, 2017

Snow and Freezing Rain and Cold



Just a LITTLE freezing rain and snow, but still some.

This time of years we usually get one last cold snap before spring arrives.  And this has been the week.  My parents and Naomi and Lydia came home to temperatures in the high 20's, after 2 weeks in the 70's and 80's.

They are still adjusting to Ohio time, which is 6 hours off from Hawaii time (after Daylight Savings Time kicked in.  Hawaii doesn't have Daylight Savings Time, being close to the equator and all.)

It was great seeing the girls after 2 weeks. They had a good time.

I have not been sleeping superbly for some reason.  I keep waking up. So now I'm tired and am glad I can have a nap soon.

Daniel astounded me today. I was working on having Sarah read books out of a book (very simple words) and he read a word before she did. So I tested him. Yes, that boy has learned how to blend consonants and the "a" sound so he can read "mat", "cat", and "sat".  Maybe that doesn't sound too amazing but IT IS.  Learning to blend is a huge first step in the road to reading. He is just a couple of months short of 5!  I have had kids who read this early, but they weren't boys.  Our older boys learned to read later.  But Daniel is obviously picking things up early.


No comments: